Monday, March 8, 2021

Living in Contamination Part Six

Many of the mail boxes in my building do not actually close.  One of those is my mailbox and this resulted in the theft of my mail late last year.  I told the maintenance guy here that someone stole a gift card that my aunt got my for my birthday.  He asked me if I,  "needed food?"  Is this person stupid?   I asked maintenance not to use any chemicals during the repair.  For some reason this was not possible.  

After maintenance came in and examined the mailbox I could tell that he had chemical residue on his hands.  The chemical residue got all over the inside of my mailbox.  As a result this, all of my mail now gets chemical residue on it.  I now have to wear nitrile gloves to get my mail.   It would appear that this person is exposed to chemicals on a regular basis, consciously or unconsciously. This really seems very strange and bad. It is difficult to imagine how the planet could possibly be screwed up in this particular way. How has this happened?


When I was living in a studio apartment in Indianapolis, IN I did not ever have to worry about maintenance exposing me to chemicals. The maintenance man at my apartment was a friend. He was a wiz at auto mechanics and computer repair. He worked on cars regularly, which obviously involves chemicals. He did not use nitrile gloves. Not once did this person ever expose me to chemical residue. Why is this? It seems like people in subsidized housing are doing something wrong here.


In these situations where I am been exposed to chemical residue, I have been almost completely alone. I am on list servs for people with Multiple Chemical Sensitivities. Few people have ever experienced anything like this before consciously. Many of the people seem to live on the west coast where there are more strict laws about chemical exposures. I have yet to find an expert that really understands this situation in any effective way. How the hell would I know what to do in a situation like this? I am an innocent primate. This chemical residue problem has destroyed my home and my health.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment