Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Living in Contamination Part Seven

 After getting out of the hospital I started doing physical therapy for my broken hip.  I was first given a walker, which was contaminated when I got out of the hospital.  This is very burdensome and damaging every single time this happens.  This causes damage to my body, home and is impossible to clean up.  It creates a situation where I am being poisoned everyday by chemical residue.  

I started doing physical therapy after I got out of the hospital. I  soon moved up from a walker to a cane.  My physical therapist got me a cane from the local thrift store.  I don’t know why it had to be from the thrift store.  The top of this cane was a rubber handle that was contaminated with chemical residue.  This once again added insult to injury and was destructive.  

When a person has Multiple Chemical Sensitivity and chemical injury they need to avoid chemical exposures in order to recover.  It is difficult to fathom how corporations have screwed up the world in this particular way.  This is not a problem people should have to endure over and over again.  This has happened to me fourteen times in the last 5.5 years.  Every single time this happens it creates a horrible situation and is destructive to my health and home.  


The added burden is most people have not ever heard of this problem. People have heard of duct tape residue and for the most part that is it.  I am on two large listservs for people with Multiple Chemical Sensitivity and no one on either of these listservs has heard of this problem before.  I spoke with one person from an organization that assists people with chemical injury.  He told me one other person besides me called him and told him about this same problem.  He said that he told them that this problem did not exist.  That is crazy!  It’s very alienating to have someone tell you that something like this does not exist  These chemical exposures have ruined my health and home..  If one loses their arm, do they say it does not exist!?  


Most of the experts a person goes to when they need assistance have not heard of this problem either.  Counselors, case managers, people in social services and doctors have largely not heard of this problem.  When I addressed this matter with one counselor recently she said it was not affecting me and that we were “all dying.” This person suggested that I use rubbing alcohol, which actually makes me sick. This solution did not work. Every problem does not have to have a resolution. I don't think I was put on earth to scrub away at this one everyday.


Another person accused me of wanting everything to be easy.  That is ridiculous.  I think some of the propaganda that has been going around about me accuses me of wanting everything easy.  I do not think that is accurate.  Some people don’t seem to be able to express any real discontent about this system or societal institutions. 


It’s very burdensome to have to explain to people over and over again something that they have not heard of.  People tend to think that “we already know everything” as a society and don’t tend to believe what I am saying.  This is horrible.  


People need to have some place to recover from chemical injury where they are not being poisoned everyday.  This is an obvious fact.  These chemical exposures are destructive to natural and normal human existence.  Of all the burdens a person can bear, I do not think people should have to be in situations where they are made sick in this way or their property is destroyed.  People who are in denial about chemical residue would change their attitude if something like this happened in their home.  When one is disabled or injured the many burdens of the world should not be shoved in their face!



No comments:

Post a Comment