Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Living in Contamination Part Three

1.   I  moved into shared housing near the University of Cincinnati in March of 2020.  This place would have been fine.  I felt that since I was out of subsidized housing perhaps I would not be exposed to chemicals over and over again.  I lived in university housing near Ohio State from 2001-2007 and there weren’t any strange chemical exposures there.

That was not the case in this situation.  During a construction visit chemical residue got all over the door knob to the house.  This spread throughout the house and got all over my personal property.  The landlord would not recognize that this was a problem.

2. I got a section 8 voucher in summer of 2020 to live in subsidized housing.  Section 8 housing is very hard to find in this area.  I looked at two apartments and they were both contaminated with chemical residue before I moved in.  I talked the matter over with my life coach, who felt that I should move in to the apartment to save money.  I moved in to this apartment in August of 2020.  To this day I am still living in a contaminated apartment.  This will make about 6.25 years of living in contaminated housing in different areas. That is 2,281.25 days living in contaminated housing at different locations.

  • I paid for visits to a doctor that also had MCS when I was living in Indianapolis.  She told me that chemical residue exposures would not affect me.  This was not true.  They had affected me in a very bad way by the time I left Indianapolis in 2019. 
  • This is a basic corporate and government accountability issue.  People should not be harmed by chemical exposures or have their property damaged.
  • What is needed is for organizations like the EPA and Health Department to do something about these strange chemical exposures.  This is a burden that individual private citizens should not have to handle nor have the ability to handle on their own.  Landlords and other housing organizations need to be more careful with the chemicals they use.  These strange chemical exposures have become a growing problem that needs to be acknowledged by the public, by the organizations causing the problem and by government.  No one wants to be made sick, that is a horrible burden to bear. 
Chemical injury is not a health problem that is treated by the conventional medical system. 
This is something individuals have to pay for out of their own pocket.  Environmental medicine
doctors are not available in many areas and are very expensive.  

Subsidized housing would be fine if it were not for the chemical exposures and the accidents caused
by maintenance.  Some of the buildings still have lead pipes and tend to be in unsafe neighborhoods.


No comments:

Post a Comment