Monday, December 7, 2020

Differences between living in Subsidized Housing and Regular Studio or One Bedroom Apartments

 Regular One Bedroom or Studio Apartments    

1.  Maintenance visits the apartment and typically repairs things without causing accidents.

2. Shipments can be delivered to one's apartment. If one is not home they are typically held in the leasing office.


Subsidized Housing

1.  Since I have lived in subsidized housing I have had seven visits from maintenance at different locations.  Of those seven maintenance visits, four have caused property damage.  Three visits have caused bodily harm and impossible to clean up chemical exposures. The chemical exposures also cause property damage.  

2.  In subsidized housing the leasing office refuses to hold shipments for tenants.  Then tenant's shipments are stolen because they are left in front of the door. I need to get things shipped to my apartment because I buy medicinal supplements off the internet.  Some grocery items I have shipped to my home because my car was totaled last year.  

I moved in to this apartment in August.  Since I have lived here I have had three shipments stolen.  I have had one piece of mail stolen.  This was a birthday card from my aunt.  My mailbox does not close and maintenance has not repaired it.  In this building there are 4 mailboxes out of eleven that are open all the time.  There is not a post office near here where I could get a PO box.    

Recently someone was stealing my laundry out of the laundry machine.  


No comments:

Post a Comment